Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sick sucks.

Ugh... I'm still fighting this terrible bug. My throat hurts to the extreme and I can barely talk. But, tomorrow I'm going to work out again! It's been ten days since I last exercised and I am sooo ready to come back. I've gained some weight and I think I'm finally ready to be coached.

My dad has some of his own ideas about how I should be coached, so I've decided to give him the reins and just see how I run. I want to be successful this track season, but I know I've had a lot of setbacks that others have not and I'm only a sophomore. However, I still want to kick some butt and impress people. My dad (for some reason) thinks I'm incapable of running sub 5:40 for the mile, but I ran that as a split during cross country. I guess he's forgotten. Heh.

Anyway, the point of this post is to express my gratefulness for being able to exercise again. I can't wait to sweat and feel like I'm worth something again. There's nothing that I want more than to be a speedy, strong, and injury-free runner for my team this spring.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Julz from RW! I DEFFINETLY think you can run sub 5:40 this season... heck, I think you can manage sub 5:30! I know you've endured some major challenges during these past few years, but these challenges have given you strength and new passion toward running. You're dedicated now and ready to show everyone what you can do.

    Unfortunatly, I've had a similar story. However, each time I came back from "healing" I was stronger, faster, and more in love with running/dancing then I ever had been. In my opinion, a person can have ALL the natural talent in the world. But if their heart isn't in it... then they're not going to succeed. Love will always win over anything... dedication will always beat "potential". Because potential merits nothing, unless you work with it.

    Gosh, I can babble on forever. Just wanted to drop by and let you know though that I'm thinking of you, and wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there, and fight for what you love and deserve. Take care.

    ReplyDelete